How to LAT (House Inside Ends) Part 3

Once again, continuing  from the last tutorial, 
we will be working on Farmer Johns house.

In  this part of the tutorial,
I will be doing the upstairs and the left room.









Second Story
 
Added Roof and Walls.
In this one, I added some walls and roof to the house.
Again trying to keep it the same look as the outside.
"Remember, you don't have to use the outside look as part of your house"

Added a window.

Added floor sides, and the stairway.
This took me a long time to figure out how to do.
At first I wanted the player to go into a room with only a stairway...
But that would be wasting a whole level! We don't want to waste space.

Added a floor design.

Added the stairs.
 -Upstairs Unfinished-
I will have to do this in photoshop and add
a table and book shelf with chairs.
Because I was only given two levels, I deleted this part.

-------------------------------------------------------

Upstairs

Added roofing to the last level.

Created the room we will be working with.

Added a floor.

Added another recreated window.

Added a bed, table and created shelf.
 Again, I urge you to test the limits of what you can do,
All these tiles I am using is in the original tile-set.

For the shelf I used the ketchup shelf ends.

Added a work table, chair, and health pots.
 Even Farmer Jackson works in his bedroom / study sometimes,
and when he is done attacking wolves he would like a nice room
to rest in or grab a few health pots.


Tips:
Be creative, again if it works, use it.
But make sure people like it first before you automatically
assume it is the best thing in the world.

Like a resume, you should give your level time to sit, come back
look at it, and see if you still like it. Maybe you spot some needed changes.

Try not to need a lot of levels to put on the server,
as you seen I could have made a whole stairway in a level
but chose to make it part of the top room.


No comments: